View Single Post
Old Mon Jan 09, 2006, 11:00am
In Memoriam

Quote:
Originally posted by FrankHtown
2 person game. I'm going from old lead to new trail. Girl on Team A runs into the padded standard under the basket and goes down. Team B is on a fast break. I observe Team A girl moving so I knew she wasn't unconcious. Team B takes shot, grabs rebound, and I blow whistle to tend to A player. I call coach to take care of her player, just as she stands up and starts walking to play. I tell coach I need a sub for her. He asks why. I said because I stopped play for you to tend to her. He said, "I didn't tell you to stop play." I said "Coach, I was concerned about your player. I need a sub for her. Or if you want to keep her in take a time out." He took a time out.

If a ref stops a game for a player, does he/she have to come out? I thought 3.3.5 pretty much leaves no option. justification.

Or if you beckon a coach, and he refuses to tend to her, or come on to the court, do I just let it go and continue play?
Wrong interpretation, Frank. If an official stops play for a possible injury, the player does not have to come out of the game if they are able to continue without assistance and their coach didn't come out on the court.

Case book play 3.3.5SitB says "A1 may remain in the game if the coach does not come onto the court and A1 is ready to play immediately". That case play covers your situation well imo.