View Single Post
Old Fri Jan 06, 2006, 10:55pm
Official Forum Member

Still....I understand how strong the urge would be to say something about that, given that it's obviously a huge play and goes to the "WTF were those darn lazy officials watching?" stereotype of many fans and the media, but I would think that even if you're retiring from the field itself, you may have a chance/desire to work in another capacity (supervisor, replay official, whatever) later on.

Even if you think you're completely done with officiating, maybe breaking one of the cardinal rules that I was taught ("Silence can't be quoted.") isn't the best idea.

If asked, I would like to think I would have said, "I'm sorry, you'll have to talk to the Big 12 office about that" and let the conference supervisor say something official.

(In other news, having the "reply" and "new thread" buttons right next to each other messes me up a lot.)
"And I'm not just some fan, I've refereed football and basketball in addition to all the baseball I've umpired. I've never made a call that horrible in my life in any sport."---Greatest. Official. Ever.