View Single Post
Old Thu Jan 05, 2006, 11:46pm
Official Forum Member

Send a message via AIM to Dan_ref
Quote:
Originally posted by tomegun
Quote:
Originally posted by zebraman
I don't know guys.... seems to me that if we think it's OK for the lead to make this call, we're starting to get into that "ok for anyone to call anywhere on the court" type attitude that is exactly what 3-person is not about.

If I trust my partners in the first quarter, I trust them in the fourth quarter. If the C didn't see it in his primary area and the T didn't see it in his secondary coverage area, then the lead didn't get a good look from the freakin' baseline.

Z

[Edited by zebraman on Jan 5th, 2006 at 06:20 PM]
Z, I'm with you on this one. This is what comes to mind:

1. Some officials will always find a reason to look all over the court.
2. Constantly talking about getting the play right, no matter who calls it, is a clear indication that officials are ball-watching. This statement is one that enables this practice instead of talking about the proper mechanics. Which one will help the next time?
3. I'm really beginning to wonder about some - not all - officials actual experience with 3-person mechanics. There are proper mechanics! Where is the lengthy discussion about that?

I know this doesn't jive with a lot of people's opinions, but this is basketball season. For crying out loud, are we (I know I'm not) going to go out on the court and just have a free-for-all?
You're usually not this dense Tom.

We're not talking about calling all over the place.

We're talking about an unusual end of game play. Maybe you feel good about telling your partner in the locker room you saw him f@ck this game changing sitch with 5 seconds to go but decided to look the other way.

Not me.