View Single Post
Old Thu Jan 05, 2006, 08:50pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally posted by Dan_ref
Quote:
Originally posted by zebraman
I don't know guys.... seems to me that if we think it's OK for the lead to make this call, we're starting to get into that "ok for anyone to call anywhere on the court" type attitude that is exactly what 3-person is not about.

If I trust my partners in the first quarter, I trust them in the fourth quarter. If the C didn't see it in his primary area and the T didn't see it in his secondary coverage area, then the lead didn't get a good look from the freakin' baseline.

Z

[Edited by zebraman on Jan 5th, 2006 at 06:20 PM]
If the L knows what he's doing he is not at the baseline in this play.
Well we are discussing a post that says that the lead was under the basket when he made the call.

The post does not say where all ten players were. If the ball is being brought up court quickly by a guard, I find it hard to believe that there weren't some match-ups that the L was responsible for. Are we to believe that the other 8 players were trailing the ball? I'd say most of them were ahead of the ball, some of them in the L's area of responsibility.

As lead, we see where the T and C are with our peripheral vision or take "peeks." We don't take "looks." I hate buzzwords, but there is a difference between a peek and a look. Why is the L "looking" there?

Z