View Single Post
Old Tue Nov 27, 2001, 02:21pm
certified Hot Mom tester

Smile Re: Tony

Quote:
Originally posted by williebfree
Poor terminology perhaps.... BUT A1 is the player in possession, "control", of the live ball during the throw-in.

Your criticism is WARMLY accepted.
Willie - here's some more "warm" criticism. On a board such as this, people take you literally when you use a term like player control. I know - I've done stuff like that myself and people always "catch" it.

BTW - no one in either of the two situations had player control. Player control is defined as holding or dribbling a live ball inbounds. Neither player was inbounds. Why does this matter? Well, it doesn't too much, but let's say A1 is standing OOB ready to inbound the ball. In some convoluted way (although I can't think of a plausible one at the moment), he fouls B1 who is defending the inbound pass. If A1 had "player control", the foul would be non-shooting regardless of the bonus situation.

Actually, I don't think I've ever seen an inbounder commit a foul in that situation, other than a technical.

BTW - Camron once was involved in a post that argued whether or not the clock should start if A1 inbounded to A2 who was standing with one foot OOB. Maybe he can revisit that.