View Single Post
Old Thu Jan 05, 2006, 12:53pm
Official Forum Member

Send a message via AIM to rainmaker
Re: Coaches /Pressure

Quote:
Originally posted by Chess Ref
Appreciate all the feedback. My coach management skills are constantly evolving. I know the three step-stop sign-T skill set. I was ranting about their behavior-not my skill or lack of skill set in dealing with them.

Imeadski- Not buying the pressure thing. I am at the Frosh/Jv levels. These jobs go begging for people to take them. I was offered a JV job over the holidays just cause I have some social skills and didn't wet myself in public. Usually the frosh jobs go to a parent who works graveyards, and the Jv jobs to a parent who coached the Frosh for 2/3 years. The talent level is down at these levels cause if the players have any talent they are moved to Varsity pretty quick. So no pessure to develop players cause the Varsity coach already has seen his serious players in the summer and latched on to them. No pressure to win cause the Frosh/JV teams have already been raided of their good players. Heck I rarely see the V coach at the Frosh games. I realize it may be different elsewhere but here that is how it is......
In that situation, I would think there'd be even more pressure from the parents to give little Susie the starring position so everyone can see her wonderful potential. And to win more because you aren't helping little Susie develop the way she should (and that's always your fault, not Susie's fault, btw). And if you'd do this drill (that no one's done since 1963) instead of that one these kids would be a lot faster. And why don't you try that "one-set-off-kilter" play that I saw Duke U use last night? And so on, and so on, and so on.....