Official Forum Member

Send a message via AIM to Dan_ref
Quote:
Originally posted by rainmaker
Quote:
Originally posted by brianp134
Quote:
Originally posted by rainmaker
It sounds as though L could have seen the trap developing, and started a rotation and thus had a fair angle to see the contact.

If I were the C, I'd be thrilled if someone called that out from under me (someone besides a coach!). I think the most important thing in this sitch is to get the call right, regardless of who has the angle.
Rainmaker, I have to disagree with you on this one. I wouldn't want someone coming approx 40ft. to take a call away from me while I am approx 5 ft away and the T in the vicinity. For the life of me, I can't see the L making this call, especially on the endline. IMO if the L has no competitive matchups, then he should be doubling the lines and should be free throw extended. If that is the case, then he may have a whistle on the play.
I haven't done much 3-person at all, so I can't say I have it down pat, so maybe I'll word my viewpoint in the form of a question -- Jeopardy-style. These aren't intended to be Socratic, they are genuine uncertainties.

It sounds as though there are no players that need watching that are below the free-throw line extended. Why would Lead be clear down on the endlne?
He should not be. From what I can tell reading the thread the L should have been about at the top of the key on his sideline.