View Single Post
Old Thu Jan 05, 2006, 12:18am
Official Forum Member

Send a message via MSN to IREFU2 Send a message via Yahoo to IREFU2
Thumbs down

I was working a boys varsity game tonight and in warmups a kid grabbed the rim and pulled it down and it snapped back to its orginial position. Of course my partnet claimed he didnt see it and the head coach of the home team approached us and said I saw A1 grab the rim and pull it down. So I said, looks like we are starting the game with a Technical Foul and the visiting coach has to sit. So my partner, the R, went to the visiting coach and told him the situation. The coach told him that he didnt believe that was a T as long as he didnt dunk. I told the both of them that a player can not grasp the rim during warmups, intermission or while the officials are in jurisdiction of the court. Of course the second part of that is unless he or she is protecting herself, which wasnt the case. The coach said are you (my partner) 100% sure and he (my parnter) said no. I told them I was 100% sure. Long story short, my partner decided that since he wasnt sure, we were not going to charge the visiting team with a T and start the game normal. I was kicking this in my head the whole first half. Then at half time, he looked at the rule book and I was right. He apologized. Any comments on this situation?