View Single Post
Old Wed Jan 04, 2006, 02:54pm
Official Forum Member

My High Expectations

My thinking is not how I handle the coaches but more along the lines of they don't get it. I am alot better in handling the coaches, I have the procedure that leads to a T pretty much down.

I am by nature/enviroment a cynical person. Not very often I believe in the best of people. The whole high school enviroment is one of those times that I believe in people. Silly me.. Really when did it become ok for adults to act like that-especially in public. My wife who went to private boarding schools and wasn't around high school sports till I started officiating is floored by how these "adults" act like 3 year olds. Are my expectations for adults to act like adults too high ? I am beginning to think so.

I maybe just a little tired and doing my own whiny,sniveling thing. But common sense indicates that I shouldn't do it in front of people I am a "Role Model" for. And I would never act like that in a gym full of people.

I compete in sports, tennis tourneys, also pool touneys etc. and I have never acted like that, EVER. I think I am a little dumbfounded by the adults that are around these kids.