View Single Post
Old Wed Jan 04, 2006, 02:26pm
Do not give a damn!!

Quote:
Originally posted by 26 Year Gap
I am a sales manager. That is not the case. But even for other types of positions, personal interests are a no-no.
There are always going to be people that do not like certain things on a resume. That is just the chance you take when you apply for a job. I think you should put your officiating on a resume when you take money and do many things as a job. If you fill out taxes for this activity, it is a job. I want anyone that is hiring me to know the kind of commitment I have made to it and know what kind of skills I have experienced in my life. If you do not want to see something that I make income from, then I would not want to work with you. Not because it might distract from my job, because the things I do in officiating will bring a lot of good things to any job I am working at. Some of the most successful people I know are officials. Part of the reason for that is because a certain type of person will officiate. Not everyone can do officiate a sport.

Funny thing about this I have worked in sales for years. Sales jobs love the fact that I officiate. They want very competitive people and people who can set goals and achieve those goals. You seemed to be unusual in that respect.

Peace