View Single Post
Old Wed Jan 04, 2006, 10:39am
Official Forum Member

I can't take them anymore. The coaches.I work the Frosh/JV circuit. I am working on my coach management skills and it is coming along pretty well . I am talking to them , explaining things like not all contact is a foul.I said this to a coach last night and he looked at me like I had discovered a cure for cancer. We are into the conference schedule now and I would have thought he would have figured this out by now. Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha

I am starting to see the coaches with disdain and basically for alot of them I have lost all respect. All this character building stuff, being a role model seems to me to be baloney.These coaches are THE WORST role models in the world. Screaming, crying, sniveling, lack of preparation,lack of self control, lack of perspective, no basic knowledge of the rules and then they emulate the coaches on tv (NBA). And blaming others, the officials, for why they lost.

So I am hoping this is just a phase in my growth as an official and I will get through this. Any suggestions on what type of attitudes I can start cultivating so I don't see these people as they really are ? Rant and rave off.

As always suggestions and feedback are Needed and welcomed....