View Single Post
Old Wed Jan 04, 2006, 09:15am
Huck Finn

Quote:
Originally posted by bob jenkins
Quote:
Originally posted by ChuckElias
The key is angle, obviously. You go wherever you have to go to get the angle. I think Tommy and I would agree to that. My last thought is that no position or angle is going to be perfect. No position on the floor will allow you to see the foul when the ballhandler pivots away from you so that his body is between you and the ball. And that's when the C, or in this case the L, has to help out. And that has to be talked about in pre-game, too.
Agreed. Since C was "even" with the play, he couldn't see the foul that the B player towards the middle of the floor committed. If C was trailing, he couldn't see the foul that the B player on the sideline might have committed.

So what is the answer? I'm in favor of doing away with this lock down theory and getting in position to see the plays. I think the C going to T would have allowed better vision and the L could have protected the T's front (basket) side.