View Single Post
Old Mon Jan 02, 2006, 10:25pm
Do not give a damn!!

Quote:
Originally posted by Junker
I'm in education, so it's a little different, but I include my officiating on my resume. Most employers will want to know about your outside interests. I try to update each year, including how many seasons I have worked and the class levels of my varsity (and eventually college games hopefully). I would think they don't see many officials come through on their resumes so it might separate you from the pack a little. I wouldn't let them know about your big time asprations as that is probably in the future a few years, so just talk about what you are currently doing.
I have also put my officiating on the resume. It is after all just like a job. I set schedules. I make appointments. I have to fill out paperwork and keep track of records. Everything I do is very similar. It also makes the topic of officiating come up and people that are hiring like to talk about what I have done. Also when there hear how successful I have been and what it took to become successful, I have been hired on those terms. It really works for sales and management positions. Not very many people can compare to how you handle very hostile situations (and people) as an official. That definitely sets you apart from the average person you are interviewing against.

Peace