Thread: Pre-Game Dunk
View Single Post
Old Sun Jan 01, 2006, 01:21pm
Official Forum Member

Send a message via MSN to IREFU2 Send a message via Yahoo to IREFU2
Quote:
Originally posted by Nevadaref
IREFU2,
I like the effort that you are making to enforce the rules and do a quality job out there.
I'm dinging you a little bit on your precision with the rules in the hope that you will be even sharper. If you are going to deal with this stuff, then you might as well get it exactly right, huh?

Quote:
Originally posted by IREFU2
I told him yes, I saw it and I may have ignored it if he would not have grabbed the rim.
It was this statement that made me include you in my above post even though you know the real definition. You even wrote such in your original post. I'm advising you not to ignore based upon ring contact. As JR says, you have no rules basis for this and doing it this way could really come back to bite you sometime.

Quote:
Originally posted by IREFU2
I told him I am warning him now to let his players know "if" they dunk again, he will be in the parking lot!
Actually, his players would have to dunk TWICE more before he would be in the parking lot. He gets DQ'd on the third indirect T, not the second.
Thanks, I just hate when this happens, it starts the game of on a bad note. Coaches need to make sure they are teaching their kids the correct rules...etc....