View Single Post
Old Sat Dec 31, 2005, 12:49pm
tpaul

USC

[QUOTE]Originally posted by grantsrc
Quote:

I've given two in the last two years. I try my best to talk with the HC and GBC and if that doesn't work or I say the same things over and over, then I flag.

Something curious here that I found in the case book, it makes no distinction between a coach on the field and a coach in the team box. At least in the case book that is. See 9.8.3a. I checked 9-8 and it really didn't say much about coaches on the field during play other than the case of the side line warnings and whatnot. So I guess if you run into a coach, as I did twice in one game and didn't call a warning, it is a warning the first time, flag and 5 yards on the second offense.
G,
Look under 9-8-1, noncontact unsportsmanlike conduct by nonplayers. A coach is a nonplayer. Look at "(i) Being on the field except as a substitute or replaced player."

The coach is not a substitute or replaced player. So, you have USC on the coach on the field.

Side line warning isn't listed in the rulebook until 9-8-1 k; Which is "being outside the team box, but not on the field. (also see art 3)." ART3 covers having more than 3 coaches in the coaches area.

A coach on the field is an USC...I know alot of us use the "warning" for coaches on the field so they don't get banged right away for the USC - 15 yards.