Thread: Air Pressure
View Single Post
Old Wed Dec 28, 2005, 08:24pm
Official Forum Member

Me, too.

Quote:
Originally posted by Jurassic Referee
The air pressure that supposed to be used should be stamped somewhere on the ball. I've carried a small pressure guage in my bag for years- to use both for football or basketball. It's an old coaches trick to over or under-inflate a ball, depending on whether he wants to run or slow down a running opponent. Just test the game ball- takes but a second- and then tell the head coach to either put more air in the ball or get you another one. If the ball has too much air in it, I carry a needle also to deflate the ball until it's OK.
Gauge & needle & trusty palms. One can get pretty well calibrated squeezing in to check inflation.

1. The 'BOOK' doesn't distinguish between genitally male and genitally female teams, but the latter are, on balance, a lot shorter. Adjust accordingly.

2. Over-inflated = a billion rebounds and a horrible game. It's good when the ball goes in.

3. In the frozen north, if someone goes to get the gameball out of an outside-wall storage closet, make sure it's warmed to room temp before you decide to go with it. If it's cold, and feels fully inflated, wait'll it gets warm . . .