Thread: In Bounding
View Single Post
Old Thu Nov 22, 2001, 05:47pm
Official Forum Member

Question

I had a funny situation during a 7th grade girls game. The visiting team had the ball in their frontcourt when the home team violated, causing a spot throw-in from the side. I took the ball to the spot, pointed to it, and the visiting team inbounder was there, ready to go. We look up and everyone else (except the inbound receiver) had headed for the other end of the court. I looked at my partner, we blew the whistle, and motioned for everyone to come back. No one moved. We did it again. Still no one moved. Finally, after about 10 sec. of this, I made sure the inbounding team was ready, handed them the ball, and she throw it in. The receiver turned and put in a lay-up. The home coach was upset and said I could not do that. Correct me if I am wrong, but if I am ready to administer the throw-in, I do not have to wait for everyone to get to the proper side of the court. It would essentially be the same as if the inbounding team was not there when I was ready and I set the ball on the floor and started the count. I would like some feed back. Thanks.