View Single Post
Old Wed Dec 28, 2005, 08:18am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally posted by fonzzy07
I may be wrong, but it still seems to me like their was something else besides this push and the one kid being better then the other that made the fight break out. I'm with you guys tho that its not always the refs fault. I guess what I'm asking is what would you have done if you were those refs, and does anyone think that they as a ref could have prevented this?????
fonzzy
Like I said I did not see the entire game. But what I did get to see was some good play from both teams. No trash talking or anything like that.
All the mouthing off was coming from the parents. It was the kind of thing you hear at most games from parents. “What are you doing” “where’s the foul” “make a lay-up Timmy” that king of thing. In my opinion many of these kids are not allow to enjoy playing the game and have fun. There is presser to win from coaches & parents for there own selfish reasons. I think this kid folded under that presser. This is not the first time I have seen a kid snap under the presser but never like this. So I don’t know what the Officials could have done to prevent this. I do know they took the right actions after. The rest of that game was very quiet.