Thread: GMAC Bowl
View Single Post
Old Sun Dec 25, 2005, 02:47pm
Get away from me, Steve.

Quote:
Originally posted by mcrowder
I was caught inside exactly once. Trust me - that's all it takes.

On mine, QB was in shotgun, and I was probably 8 yards behind him - about 2 yards too far forward, at minimum. Blitz is coming from my right, 2 guys, hard toward QB. I take about 2 steps laterally to the right (not back, as I should have. QB takes 2 steps left and forward, and pitches it to a WR that I hadn't seen until this point. The pitch was at least 5 yards back (about 3-4 yards ahead of me, but far to my left now. WR sees the two guys coming in from the right, and quickly makes the wide turn. The CB and LB, following him now going deeper than me then bread-and-butter me. All of a sudden, I'm in the middle of about 8 guys and it hits the fan - I'm creamed by a DL while watching CB, LB, and WR. Luckily, HL sees this develop and has the spot where WR is tackled, and U comes in to help me up.

Wasn't hurt too bad. But learned a lesson.
I learned this lesson too, last season. Shotgun formation and the snap was SO bad, it came right for me. Now I know that you can never be too deep, but you can certainly be too close.

I've backed up considerably this season and I find I get a much better view of things with a little extra distance.

[Edited by Rich Fronheiser on Dec 25th, 2005 at 02:52 PM]