View Single Post
Old Wed Dec 21, 2005, 01:48pm
Official Forum Member

There are 2 threads referencing this . . .

Quote:
Originally posted by JCrow
Guard A1 and Center A2 have been chatting during a close game about A2 not seeing the ball enough. Last period, Game tied......A1 throws up an airball 3. Before the throw-in, A1 and A2 start to go at it. Fist and kicks are thrown. I hit them each with Flagrant T's.

Coach A goes crazy. Says that it is impossible to foul a member of your OWN Team. I see his point and say,

"OK....how about we split the difference and it's just 1 T?"

He buys off but now Coach B goes crazy and wants the 2 T's!
I see his point and say,

"Look....maybe I cut a bad deal. It should be your ball on the air-balled 3. And it's your ball after the T but by the Rules you just get it once. How about if I give you the ball twice and we call it all square?"

He says, "OK".

Now, it's back to Coach A who's upset about Team B getting the ball twice. I pull him aside and say to him,

"Don't worry. I'll call palming on Team A on their second pocession."

He's on board with that and we resume the game. Thank God, I read Donald Trump's book, "The Art of the Deal" before the season began.
There are 2 threads referencing this . . .

The rules (somewhere, perhaps in a point-of-emphasis, forgive me, I don't have time to go looking) make it explicitly clear that it's appropriate to call an unsportsmanlike technical foul on a player for being verbally abusive to a member of his or her own team. I'd say wacking a member of your own team qualifies as abuse . . .