View Single Post
Old Tue Dec 20, 2005, 09:45pm
In Memoriam

Quote:
Originally posted by Blind & lovin' it
Thank you M&M and BackintheSaddle. I appreciate your well spoken and detailed responses.

Mr Jurassic, I have officiated for 5 years and while still very much a rookie, I have worked 187 games in 2005 not counting the soph boys I just finished tonight. While I have never worked a college game, I believe that is just a bit more than "a couple IM games" - though I do appreciate you reading my other posts. While 1st and 2nd year officials piss you off, I like working with them as most of them still care about the game and do not have the arrogance, beer belly, or arthritis which affect so many pre-cambrian individuals such as yourself.

I am getting sick of this topic, so I'll leave it at this. I will agree with all three of you in that the rules must be applied as they are written. However, I refuse to quit thinking and asking why - maybe some day I can climb the mountain in Indy and affect a couple on the tablet scratches.
Maybe someday you'll get a clue too. Never worked a college game yet, eh? Have you ever worked a high school varsity game? Other than a scrimmage?

Maybe sometime after you do your first high school varsity game- hopefully- if that day ever comes, you'll understand. With your attitude, you might have a helluva time getting to that point though.

Btw, you do have the arthritis part right.