View Single Post
Old Tue Dec 20, 2005, 02:33pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally posted by DownTownTonyBrown
"Look you Butthead. You are unwilling to spend the time yourself to learn the rules. Yet you are willing to stop a game and question my rules knowledge, repeatedly, in front of 500 fans creating a situation that make me look the dummy. When really it is your laziness to learn the rules and apparently your inability to hear - because you have asked me the same question 4 times and I've given you the same answer 4 times, and yet here we are with me looking stupid as if pleading my case, as I expain some arcane technicality to you, seemingly justifying our next (likely judged by everyone else to be improper) action of shooting free throws."
You need to trim it down a little; it's too long. Something like, "Look, Butthead, you're an idiot and I'm not."

Well, ok, maybe that's not wise, until your last year of officiating. In the meantime, keep it short, simple, and one-time only. In your play, maybe a simple "We're shooting FT's because there's no team control on a throw-in." If they continue to argue, there's always the ignore, stop sign, penalize phases. You've given your answer, they can continue to question at their own peril.

(Used with permission.)