View Single Post
Old Sat Nov 17, 2001, 10:42am
Official Forum Member

Re: Re: I'll give it a shot...

Quote:
Originally posted by whiskers_ump
I answered it on another board, using 2 man crew. I had R3 out on passing R2
R 8.8.D.
On the catch, BR out & since I was BU, I decided to go out and check out the catch/no catch, and in my judgement fielder upon making the catch was in violation of R 8.8.J., thereby creating a deadball situation. Because of this action, all other action is irrelevant. All I need do now is allow R3 to score and place R2 at 3rd. I feel sorry for F6 with all the collisions, butsave that for another post.
While I agree that once you rule unintentional carry into DBT, the rest of the play is moot - and given the keystone-cops routine for the rest of the play, this is a practical way to rule in a real game in real time where you have to decide what's what while everybody is screaming -

that takes all the fun out of it!!

Assume F9 tosses the ball to the other fielder before legally violating 8-8-J - then what?

I think, based on the description, that is the correct call anyway, since I inferred from the description of the action that F9 tossed the ball while falling, but before she hit the ground in DBT. Being in contact with a collapsing fence is not considered being in DBT - right? (POE 20, I think).

Anyhow, just for the fun of it - assume the ball is still live after the catch - now what do you have?