View Single Post
Old Mon Dec 19, 2005, 12:36am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally posted by NSump
Since I get little feedback from those who read the articles, I am soliciting some thoughts from the Forum.

For those who read these articles on the Neighbourhood play and the rebuttles, what are your thoughts? I am more interested in your take on my thoughts about ignoring the foot and concentrating on the catch/transfer/throw. Is this helpful? Am I full of s***?

Finally, I hope you enjoyed the banter and that I was able to make Rollie's article make sense....which can be hard!!

LOL

Blaine
When I read Rollie's first piece, I had to read it again just like you reported. In fact, I felt like I could have written your first response. Rollie likes colorful metaphors, but in this series, he put too much emphasis on trying to impress us by being a good 'ol boy from Texas, and not enough on umpiring.

Besides not explaining when to call the neighborhood play (as promised), he made recerences to differences in the way baseball is called in the North and in the South. Opinions aside, I'd like to see the reasoning and hear some support for those kind of statements.

Mike