View Single Post
Old Thu Nov 15, 2001, 04:02pm
Official Forum Member

It's amazing in that even in the umpire community, there's back stabbing going on. Umpires want to get that good or prestigious game and also move up and unfortunately some shrink to the lowest of levels in order to accomplish that - meaning Trash the other guy .

Whenever we have a bad game or are particularily unsatisfied with our partner DON'T BE A TATLETALE and call the assignor without first confronting your partner. I know that's how I want to be treated so I give my partner the same respect.

Sometimes by mutual agreement it is impossible to work with one another but at least talk to the individual FIRST and then make your assessment. Normally an individual who is a good qulaified assignor will see through this tactic and it will actually backfire on you.

Even if you have Old Smitty as a partner, at least give him his due and even if Smitty is still stubborn then at least you gave him an opportunity so it should come to no surprise that unfortunately at this point there is no further recoarse of action other than to call the assignor because you simply cannot work with this particular individual.

In addtion, when you do want to confront your partner do it away from the action . Sometimes even in the parking lot is not far enough so if possible go have coffee or something. If it's impossible to meet, then use the phone - The important issue is Do not embarrass someone because I know I wouldn't want to be embarrased either.

What do you think and do have situations in which you would like to share that someone tried to embarrass you or Called The principal

Pete Booth