Thread: Racial Slurs
View Single Post
Old Tue Dec 13, 2005, 08:32pm
Official Forum Member

My Editorial

I was born in Selma, which is about 30 miles away from Prattville. My brother and I traveled back this weekend visiting relatives. (We were a little ways down Autauga County Rd 15.)

Racial relations seem very strained. Though actions were civil, with limited respect, blacks and whites seemed to be happy to keep in their segragated groups as much as possible.

Perhaps because of this, my brother and I were going out of our way to make sure we gave a friendly hello to everyone, holding doors when we could and just being extra friendly. I think a little unconsciously, we especially did so for the people of race other than ours. When we helped one lady in a store with a few items she had dropped, we seemed to have gotten looks of astonishment from her and the clerk.

Throughout the weekend we were met with warm smiles and friendly greetings by all, black and white. It was a very pleasant visit.

I state all of the above only to say that the small things don't always get noticed, but they are extremely important. It sounds like five guys made a difference in this incident being discussed.
Quote:
"Other than perhaps that exhibited by the game officials, there were few examples of proper behavior here."
Excellent job guys.

alabamabluezebra, if you know the guys, please tell them thanks.