Old Mon Dec 12, 2005, 03:50pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally posted by zebraman
Quote:
Originally posted by rockyroad
Quote:
Originally posted by zebraman

I say, "that's wrong Joe, a tap can score. Plus, lots more can happen... a foul.. many things."

By the way, Joe has great court presence.

Z
Hmmm...I know this wasn't Joe T., as I worked with him on Friday night...was it by any chance Joe J. - aka "Jumping Joe"??
No. I used "Joe" to protect the innocent. I'm not going to out my real partner.

Z
Z...when I first read your post I was thinking Joe T. as well...mainly because you said strong court presence (Afterall, he did the WA 4A championship game last year)
but, in the few dealings I had with him...I didn't think he would be that stubborn.

Speaking of court presence...when I went to the 4A state playoffs last year, I knew some of the officials that were there...but, for the most part I had never seen many of them work.
It was kind of funny...as I sat in the first meeting, I decided to "pick" the 3 officials that I thought would make the Final game. How did I pick them? On their presence in the meeting...how they communicated with the staff...how they interacted with their peers.

Joe T. was one of the officials I picked. In fact I got 2 out of the 3 officials that worked the Final without ever seeing any of them work.

What's that got to do with anything? I dunno, just that IMO presence, communication and interaction (managing people) all have an intrical part of officiating, and the officials that have this skill can usually go far in this avocation.

Your "captain" didn't listen to his deck hands...IMO, that's why you feel bad z...you couldn't quite communicate what, in most cases, probably comes easy for you.
Richland, WA