View Single Post
Old Sun Dec 11, 2005, 08:35pm
Do not give a damn!!

Quote:
Originally posted by BigUmp56

No, Jeff, I think it might be you who doesn't understand the economic aspects of maintaining a web site like this. This is not a philathropic enterprise, Jeff. They're here to make money.

I can understand that you don't subscribe to the paid side, but this forum is a huge piece of eye candy that enters into the equation that may convince others to subscribe.
I have been on this site for almost 10 years as well (somewhere around 97 or 98 to be specific). My original
name or identity was deleted when the site went through a transformation. So I have been around almost as long as Garth stated.

I have seen many people come and go. The reason I have so many posts on this site is because I have been around and others have decided for whatever reason to leave. As I said before, people have come and gone that agree or disagree with the way this site if run. If you do not like what the moderators do, do not let the door hit you on the way out. Of course they are here to make money, but all of us here do not even want to subscribe. I have never subscribed and probably never will. If this place folds I am sure I will find another place to go. Life is too short to worry about what is done on a site that I am not paying a cent to come to.

Peace