View Single Post
Old Sun Dec 11, 2005, 07:49pm
Official Forum Member

If that's the case, maybe you should convince the heirarcy at Right Sports to re-name this forum to " The Official Forum for all discussions about officiating baseball that we the Big Dogs deem worthy." That would leave several members here to discuss a few rules changes each year and new equipment coming out. Other than that, what else would you have to discuss other than the telling of war stories.

I can assure you that that is not the intention of this forum. This forum is here for the sole purpose of generating additional revenues for the domain owners by moving people to subscribe to the paid side of the Web Site. In order to accomplish that, they need to attract and welcome all comers to the board. Each new registration is a possible $50 subscription for the board's owners.

If you want to chase people away for not measuring up to some pre-determined qualification level, then you go right ahead and allow it. Eventually, this forum will suffer for it.

Actually, this board didn't suffer before the LL and McGriff hordes found their way here and it won't suffer when they leave.

As far as Bob attempting to convince the owners to design the board to his conditions, unlike some others, he understands that those who own the board are free to run it, or allow it to be run, as they choose. I don't believe Bob would ever threaten a board owner to accept his conditions.

I've been visiting umpire sites since 1996. In that time I've seen a number of individuals pop in, try to setup a new agenda and later pop out. It runs in cycles. The only constant is T. Alan.

I understand there is a new board that "is a forum for baseball umpires from all youth baseball organizations to discuss the rules and regulations of baseball. We will discuss the mechanics involved in umpiring as well. Keep it clean. Remember, this is a public forum. It can be read by anyone, including children.

You should try it out. It appears to be designed for your level of ball. But since children may visit, the owner may not want the type of graphics you prefer. Better check with him first. You can find it at http://groups.google.com/group/Youth-Baseball-Umpire

[Edited by GarthB on Dec 11th, 2005 at 10:42 PM]