Thread: Too Soon?
View Single Post
Old Tue Nov 13, 2001, 04:59pm
Official Forum Member

Doghead, trust your own abilities. Mechanically, nothing changes from a junior high to JV to Varsity. The level of play will increase as will the coach's verbage. Trust your mechanics and positioning and let your judgment speak for itself. If you're not sure that you have the basics (mechanics, etc.) down, then maybe you should think about laying off the games. I would hope that your assignor would make sure that you are with an experienced partner(s) for those assignments. As someone else wrote, your assignor obviously has faith in your abilities to at least give you a shot. That doesn't change from level to level. I can't begin to describe how excited I was when I got my first college contract. After the initial excitement however, I started to feel the way you do now. Then the supervisor told me he wouldn't have given the contract if he didn't think I was ready. Take confidence in your assignor's faith. Have a thorough pre-game, trust your abilities, and blow the whistle. A foul is a foul and a violation is a violation. Trust and believe in yourself. Good luck. Let us know how it comes out. We've all been there!