Thread: Cabin Fever
View Single Post
Old Thu Dec 08, 2005, 07:17pm
Official Forum Member

Send a message via AIM to BigUmp56 Send a message via Yahoo to BigUmp56
Tonight here in beautiful South Bend we have around 5" of lake effect snow on the ground. The temp is going to drop somewhere near 10 degrees overnight. More snow is expected to fall throughout the weekend. It's only early December and I've come down with the worst case of cabin fever I've ever had.

I've been an umpire for quite a while now. In past years I haven't been bothered by not being able to get out and call a game in the Winter. This year thing's are different. Although I've been an umpire for quite some time, this is the first year I started posting on umpiring forums. I've lurked on boards before, but had not posted until this year. All of the exchanges of ideas here are the cause of my dismay. This combined with Carl letting me know through private correspondence how many games he's still doing and how good the weather is in South Texas is sending me into baseball withdraw.

December is the only dark month for our association. On January 8th we will meet again and things will start to look up. March will be just aroung the corner bringing pre-season clinics and camps back again. This is going to be a loooong Winter until then.

I'm wondering how many of you are still calling games now. If you are, you should count yourself as blessed. If you are still calling games, please keep the board updated on what's going on with you. That should give me enough intestinal fortitude to last the Winter without baseball.

I'm done venting!

Tim.