View Single Post
Old Thu Dec 08, 2005, 12:30pm
Official Forum Member

Send a message via AIM to rainmaker
off-topic warning: This post contains off-topic material. Any damage that may be caused by veering attention is not the responsibility of the post-er, since this warning constitutes legal transfer of burden to the reader.

This reminds me of a player on a soccer team that played against my son's team. This guy would hold the ball in both hands above his head about 10 back from the boundary line. He would take a step or two, and then jump forward and down onto his hands with the ball still being held, and execute a complete hand-spring (or fly-spring, if you're a gymnastics expert). After his feet came over the top and landed on the ground, the momentum of his rotation as his upper body came up, gave the ball incredible force. If he aimed carefully, he could easily have gotten it clear out of bounds on the far side without it ever touching the ground. The first goal this team scored was when this kid in-bounded the ball from nearly mid-field toward the goal. One of their players was expecting this, and headed the ball into the net uncontested since my son's team was completely unprepared for this play.