Thread: Game tonight
View Single Post
Old Mon Nov 12, 2001, 10:21am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally posted by bluezebra
Kelvin:

You are clueless. Jews do not kneel when praying. As far as England, they have a state church. All monarchies have state religions. WE, thank God and our Constitution, do not. From what I've seen of Muslims, Buddhists, Shintos, etc., they don't kneel. They prostrate themselves.

BktBallRef:

When you are asked to kneel in prayer, that makes it a little different than saying, "Let us pray, each in his or her own way". It was only recently that invocations before football games mentioned Jesus, and public shools were told to cease. I'll bet this one did too. You Christians, for the most part, are totally insensitive to other faiths in public prayer situations.

Maybe if you had someone else's beliefs shoved down your throat constantly, you'd be a little sensitive too. It wasn't too long ago that many areas, including our nation's capitol, had "Blue Laws", whereby most businesses HAD to be closed on Sundays.

I'll match my understanding of the Constitution against yours any time.

Bob

Bob,

I am having a hard time figuring out what religious beliefs you DO hold. You are sounding atheist to me. Or perhaps Wiccan. I certainly hope that God opens your eyes and heart to see that Jesus is the ONLY way to salvation, and that you will come to accept him into your heart as such.

As far as having "someone else's beliefs shoved down your throat constantly", I have the same problem with drunks, homosexuals, drug pushers, etc., who are always pushing their "beliefs" down my throat at work, on the road, at the game, etc. But, it is America, and we are all free to express our beliefs.

Emmett
Hinesville