View Single Post
Old Wed Dec 07, 2005, 02:20am
Official Forum Member

I know what you mean about not being able to hear or understand the coach. Tonite JV boys. Mid 4th Qtr I am T in front of home team table side. Kid drives to bucket from my primary. Loses ball OOB. I, nor partner, have nothing. No foul. Coach goes off on his kid. What he says & what I hear are two different things. I hear "THAT'S BULL$HIT" I immediately hit the whistle and whack this guy. I am thinking he is screaming at my partner because of a no call. Well then he looks at me and can't believe I whacked him. I told coach what I heard and he countered with a "I would never say that" I called partner over and we discussed what she may have heard compared to me. What I was told he said was "Don't Force It". Cleaned up this mess by taking the whack away and giving the ball to visitors. Both coaches were ok with result of clean-up and even had the coach meet us in the hallway right before we left to say we did a good job. That made me feel better as I drove to work. It's crazy how some statements can get turned around in a loud gym.....