Thread: I'm on-ball
View Single Post
Old Tue Dec 06, 2005, 03:05pm
Esteemed Participant

Quote:
Originally posted by ChuckElias
[The more I learn about the women's game, the less I like it. You rotate ball-side, the ball is in your primary, and you don't officiate on-ball? The ball comes right at you into your primary, but you don't officiate on-ball? I'm sorry, but that makes absolutely no sense to me whatsoever; especially in the first case.

So basically you are saying that as soon as the ball comes into your primary, you need to leave the competitive match-up you have been watching develop for the last 4 or 5 seconds to go immediately pick up the ball and hope that one of your partners - who has just switched their attention to said competitive match-up - makes the right call, not having seen any of the previous action. And you are saying that as soon as I rotate I have to pick the ball up just because it's in my primary, even tho my T(previously C) who has been on the "play" from it's beginning is still right there?

And you think the NCAAW mechanics make no sense?

And to tomegun, you are correct...I don't keep my body "closed off" (your words) to a play any longer than to let my partner know I haven't picked the ball up...