View Single Post
Old Mon Dec 05, 2005, 01:12pm
Official Forum Member

1st scrimmage ever (Boys varsity) on Saturday and it all went great for the first seven quarters and 7 minutes and 53 seconds .
A1 inbounds under their basket and throws a quick pass to A2 who then hesitates and then throws back to A1 who puts it in the basket to take the lead with 7 seconds left in the in the final quarter .
I blow the whistle and whistle a violation for A1 not establishing himself in bounds as he only had one foot in when he caught the return pass .
Right after I blew the whistle and made the call I knew I was wrong because he had one foot in and NOTHING out .
Coach was pretty pissed but he was pissed because he thought the kid had both feet in (Which he didn't) not because he knew the rule and knew I absolutely kicked it .
Team A wound up winning the quarter when they stole the subsequent inbound and scored so it eneded the way it should have with no thanks to me .

In a situation like this would anyone ever overrule themselves when they know they were wrong ? I really thought about it and then decided against it but the more I thionk about it the more I think I should have .