View Single Post
Old Mon Dec 05, 2005, 12:02pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally posted by Jurassic Referee
Before you re-start the game, get game management to put the yappy fan in the parking lot.
Yummpin' jimminy, why be so hard on the yappy fan? That's the problem, there's not enough yappiness in the world. I think we should all try to be a little more yappy in our everyday life. (I wonder if the yam on my muffin has started to ferment a little...)

I had the same situation happen to me in a high school game. I had reported a foul, and I heard "That's f***in' terrible!" come from the bench. As I looked over, the head coach was shaking his head, smiling with that sarcastic look, and going to sit down. So I gave the T. He then got this "What did I do?" look on his face. The same one we've seen many times before. So as my partners are administering the free throws, I stay over by the table. He comes up to me rather calmly and tells me he didn't say anything, but it was the guy behind the bench. I haven't worked with this coach before, so I didn't know if he was serious or just yankin' my chain. I just tell him if that's the case, he needs to calm that fan down or it will cost his team directly again. I think if I would've known for sure it wasn't the coach, I might have gone with the inadvertant whistle. But in this case I only had the coach's word for it, and we all know how truthful they can be. (Apologies to the honest ones out there.)

(Used with permission.)