View Single Post
Old Mon Dec 05, 2005, 11:04am
Official Forum Member

Exciting varsity contest with the home team undefeated. Game has great intensity and no problems with the coaches. Second half, one of those crazy plays on the baseline where a player is falling out of bounds, throws it off another player, and another player makes a great save to keep the ball alive. No call from me because there is no violation (IÂ’m lead).

As new trail, as soon as I cross in-front of the head coach for the home team, he jumps out of his seat and I am barraged by a string of profanity. I turn to look directly at the coach with his arms outstretched and his mouth open, without delay I hit him with a technical.

Only problem, almost as quickly I realize he did not say anything, it was a fan directly over his shoulder and behind the bench. Still administered the technical and the home team still wins the game (did not affect the outcome).

Curious if anyone can offer alternatives or since the tech has been called, there is nothing that can be done?

FYI: The string of profanity was loud enough that both my partners distinctly heard the curse words used.