View Single Post
Old Mon Dec 05, 2005, 04:08am
Official Forum Member

Send a message via MSN to crazy voyager
Just got another mail from the head ref around. Another shortage, we wont get any refs for our men/women junior division 1 series and down. For me, that's mad! But what can we do, we don't even have half the referees we need, and in a way, it's good. I'm going to get work no matter gow bad I do it We have refs like me, a few years elder though, they got trained, started off ok, got thrown up in the senior series right away. Still, this feels a bit strange, reason,
I'm a player too, my team is aiming for the scandinavian and swedish youth championships, we're the second best in our district and among say, the 5 best in the south of sweden. Now, we wont get referees to our games anymore! It's madness, they threw us out of our series scince we were to good (we blew out evry team except one, and they're the two times scandinavian champs, the only one around we havn't beaten-yet) and now when we're facing big guys (REALLY big guys) and need a good crew, we wont get any. The other teams will get me as their R, wheter they like it or not, but we have nobody :S it's our team who make up the refs in the club, ever heard of something like this? And anybody feel like training in some fiba rules and come take some games :P we wouldn't be able to afford the travel cost though *lol*