View Single Post
Old Sun Dec 04, 2005, 07:30pm
Official Forum Member

Send a message via AIM to Dan_ref
Quote:
Originally posted by Chess Ref

Example. BJV tourny game. 1 qtr. and the coach is like ballistic over routine calls/ no calls. I am calling more fouls this year but i also understand the need of playing through some stuff. So how do i handle a coach who has lost it over routine calls not going his way. I tried talking to him but he really just wanted to complain about EVERY call in his life that didn't go his way. By halftime he had settled down. The game finished pretty clean.

IMO this guy needed a quick warning followed by a quick T. Maybe skip the warning. Going ballistic is BS. Take care of buisiness & shut him up. If he doesn't shut up get him out of the gym.
Quote:

Last night championship of a pretty big GJV tourney. Coach, very politetly had something to say about every call that didn't go her way. her complaints were the games too rough (we called 34 fouls) in the 2nd half alone. i told her i agreed the game was too rough and they should clean it up and her reply was her lil darlings had nothing too do with it. Sigh. So lets start with those two examples. and see what you lords of the hardcourt come up with.
This type of coach I can work with - if she's polite I'll talk to her the entire game. Never tell a coach the game is too rough. Tell him there's a lot of contact on both sides.

All coaches are different, how you handle them depends on how they are working you.