View Single Post
Old Sun Dec 04, 2005, 02:54pm
Official Forum Member

Really I do. I am VERY open to suggestions, comments,feedback and for our religious members you are more than welcome to throw a prayer my way.

I am a 2nd year ref. I do the frosh/jv levels. So the opporturnity to work on this skill set is very available.

So lets start with the chronic complaining from the coaching box. I mean in and of itself one comment is not intrusive but midway through the 2 qtr they haven't shut up once. Should i stop and address it once in awhile or should i just accept this as part of the noise of the game ?

Example. BJV tourny game. 1 qtr. and the coach is like ballistic over routine calls/ no calls. I am calling more fouls this year but i also understand the need of playing through some stuff. So how do i handle a coach who has lost it over routine calls not going his way. I tried talking to him but he really just wanted to complain about EVERY call in his life that didn't go his way. By halftime he had settled down. The game finished pretty clean.

Last night championship of a pretty big GJV tourney. Coach, very politetly had something to say about every call that didn't go her way. her complaints were the games too rough (we called 34 fouls) in the 2nd half alone. i told her i agreed the game was too rough and they should clean it up and her reply was her lil darlings had nothing too do with it. Sigh. So lets start with those two examples. and see what you lords of the hardcourt come up with.

Thanks . i know for lots of you this is old news but for me it is all brand new.