Old Sat Dec 03, 2005, 12:49am
tpaul

Quote:
Originally posted by michaelpr
Quote:
Originally posted by tpaul
Quote:
Originally posted by michaelpr
we had a fairly good membership drive at arena football games last year. we set up a table and gave out information packages to those who were interested.
What did you have in the information packages?
it had some literature on becoming an official (i think we got from referee mag), a letter from our association president, and signup forms. this was not really the recruiting tool. talking to these guys was the best tool. some people just don't know how to go about being an official. i know i was hooked after a friend of mine took me to a game and i sat in the locker room during a pregame. i was very excited to see i found a group of guys that shared the love of the game at the same level that i did.
thats awesome! I started with flag football then pop-warner (for the cash). Then an assignor asked me if I wanted to try sub-varsity. At that level we also held the chains for the varsity game. When I held the chains I would call the referee and ask if I could be at the pregame meeting. After that like you I was hooked! And at that time I said I want to be a WH! In my second year certified I became a WH. It hasn't been an easy road but it has been fun and great expierence!