View Single Post
Old Fri Dec 02, 2005, 02:05pm
Official Forum Member

I've determined after my years in stripes and observing the fascinating world of coach's ... they come in all flavors.

Do they know the rules? It's not a prerequisite. I had one friendly coach tell me once that he wanted to know how to "work" the referee's as opposed to knowing and following proper rules.

Coach's are ADVOCATES for their team - not sticklers to rules enforcement. The home crowd doesn't hold them accountable for anything but winning (and playing their kid).

My evidence to these comments can be substantiated by reviewing forums similiar to this one but targeting Coach's. In-Game Strategy comes first, Player motivation second, Practice routines third, Parent issues fourth, followed by School administration issues, Facilities, Scheduling pro's and con's, referee handling, networking for new opportunities, lots on favored instructional video's, uniform quality, Discussions of the triangle or Princton offense and ever so frequently a clarification regarding details of the rules of basketball