View Single Post
Old Fri Dec 02, 2005, 01:45pm
Official Forum Member

I'm glad I'm not the only one who has already had enough of a few coaches. Last night I worked a Freshman double header. We're shooting the bonus BOTH WAYS with 2 minutes left in the first quarter. Visiting coach comes out during the quarter break and wants to know why we're only calling stuff on his team. Unfortunately (or maybe it was a good thing) my partner intercepted him (he knew the guy a little from working some weekend 8th grade aau stuff) and entertained his question. I wanted to give him T #1. Last night was so bad (right around 40 fouls in the first half of both games, late start because the league didn't let the visiting team know that freshman games are played at a middle school, 3 of the visiting coaches got on my nerves complaining instead of teaching their kids to play, and the floor was so slick no one could stop so we had more fouls than we should have). I'm thinking of giving up the lower level stuff. I don't like working 2 man, the quality of play is sometimes (like last night) horrible, and sportsmanship is often not good. I'm just not sure if the extra dollars two or three nights a week is worth the testing of my patience. Okay, done venting. On to tonight's V game. Hopefully it's a good one.