Thread: Thread Closed
View Single Post
Old Fri Dec 02, 2005, 09:23am
Official Forum Member

I received an email asking me to read the thread I started and clarify my original note. After reading the responses, I can only offer this to clarify:

1) While there are only 2 actually closed threads, my comments really referred to about 80%-90% of the recent threads, even those not closed. Look at the endings of the most recent 10 threads. NINE of them degenerated into stupidity within 10 posts. We've not had a productive post in quite a while.

2) I was not singling ANYONE out - it takes two to make an argument, but I will say that there are a few people who seem to take the same unnecessarily aggressive attacking posture to nearly every thread. I think the fact that one poster felt compelled to defend himself after my non-specific post illustrates itself, does it not? But my commentary was not directed at this individual alone. It was directed toward ALL of the people involved in degenerating nearly EVERY SINGLE discussion. Evidently, at least the kettle recognizes that he is black without the teapot having to tell him so. It doesn't make the teapot any less black.