Thread: Thread Closed
View Single Post
Old Fri Dec 02, 2005, 01:48am

Quote:
Originally posted by WhatWuzThatBlue
ManInBlue,
Did he refer to recently closed threads? How many of those were there or was I just being presumptuous?

I'm not certain what your point is, since you are doing the same thing that I do - voicing your opinion. On an umpiring forum, what good does it do to just agree with the first response to a question? If the facts are wrong or I find a problem with the logic of the dialogue, I most certainly will respond. Why is that a puzzle to you?

If you are referring to my verbal sparring with Carl, I suggest you learn the history before engaging your fingertips again. If you are referring to anyone else, be more specific.
Darien is not suggesting that there is anything wrong with disgreements or voicing one's opinions. He is refering to the way you go about it. The same thing everyone says about the way you express yourself. Let me say it again (I know I am being redundant), you talk to others in a condescending, "I'm superior to you" manner.

It's not that you argue the facts, it's the attitude you bring to every argument.

He also doesn't need to be specific, because you talk down to everybody equally. Anyone who dares differ with you gets insulted and ridiculed. You insult their writing ability, or the level of baseball they work, or whatever area in which you feel you have superiority. Just like your including a "when I was in umpiring school" reference, as if going to pro school makes you a good umpire. Like I have said before, I know some pro school grads who absolutely suck at umpiring, so that is not necessarily an indicator of umpiring skill.

When you say things such as "I'm not certain what your point is", that is an example of being condescending. It seems to me that his point was crystal clear. He sees what everyone else sees.
Matthew 15:14, 1 Corinthians 1:23-25