View Single Post
Old Wed Nov 30, 2005, 08:58pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
What's a Gray Cup? And have you tried some silver polish on it?
it is a big grey cup . Goes to the team that wins the 12 man a side game we call Canadian football. The first governor general was smart enough to give a cup for that truly great Canadian game called hackey (realizing that bloodshed is necessary for any great sport). The second got to give a cup for Canadian football. Better than the "sporting" choices what the current one is left with - giving a cup for professional hot dog eating or turkey eating. The Barf Cup doesn't quite have the same ring as the Stanley or the Grey Cup.

OT used resembles US college I think. Both teams start on the 35 yard line and each get an offensive possession. Whoever has the most points at the end of each pair of posseessions wins. During the regular season, OT stops at 2 offensive possessions for each tem. I believe in Conference and the Grey Cup, they just keep going until a winner is determined.

Seriously, it is a good way to determine a winner (and it was an amazing game even though the meltdown Lions didn't make it). I loathe the NFL rule - you might as well award the victory to the winner of the coin flip.