View Single Post
Old Wed Nov 30, 2005, 05:38pm
Do not give a damn!!

Quote:
Originally posted by 7yrref
I agree with what you are saying to a point. I have friends who ref D-1, who say that its professional to have patent leather shoes and pleated pants. My association bans both. So if I decide to wear them anyway I will not contiune to get Varsity games. It's a shame we are at the mercy of our assigners. Even if they are wrong on a issue they are right because they control what games we get. Good officals get blackballed all the time for taking a stance on a issue. It is not right but it happens.
Just because your association bans pleated pants or patent leather shoes has nothing to do with professionalism. I also never said it was required to wear any particular type of shoes or type of beltless pants. I also do not live in an area where and association has any say over what we wear. Our state office is the only institution that matters where I am from. The fact that an official's association has that kind of say is rather silly to me, but that is another issue all together. We are not talking about what kind of things should be OK. We are talking about times have changed and it is time to get with the times. I do not wear the same cloths I did in the 80s for good reason. Fashions change and you look like a clown (in my opinion) wearing what you have to good searching for to buy.

Peace