Thread: Rules Change?
View Single Post
Old Wed Nov 30, 2005, 01:16pm
Official Forum Member

Nope, didn't take any offense. This morning, after convesations I've had with other officials I work with and on the board, I realize I misinterpreted how the new penalty was to be used. The reason I posted was because I wanted to consider other people's thoughts on the situation. I honestly think if we changed this to the violation penalty, it would better "suit the crime" so to speak, but I don't write the rules, I just enforce them (wrongly last night in one instance). This rule kind of reminds me of the problems we have with the coaching box. We need to apply it uniformly or change it because it leads to confusion for all parties involved. The think I'm most upset with myself about is that there's now a coach out there that doesn't understand the new penalty corretly because of me. I hesitated to enforce a rule because I've never seen or heard of a person calling that T. I didn't want to be the first one to call it on that coach's team in that situation. Instead I really complicated things by making a call I shouldn't have. You can bet I won't make that call again.