View Single Post
Old Mon Nov 28, 2005, 01:26pm
Official Forum Member

Send a message via AIM to rainmaker
There's this tourney here every year that some of us go to in a little group. It's working single all day, each game is 15 minutes running time, and they all start and stop at the same time. It's about an hour from here so our group always drives together.

This year, the person who was planning to drive was very late. We jumped into the car and dashed. It's a good thing there aren't too many cops on the freeway at 8 am Saturdays. When we got there, we just ran straight to our floors. THen I saw that I had about two minutes left and I ran to the bathroom.

When I got back to my gym, they had already started! Just as I came through the door, someone had blown a whistle for a foul. I started to run across the floor toward the players, and one player saw me and passed me the ball. It was a bad pass, and the ball hit my leg, but it didn't bounce off, it just sort of rolled down, and then slowly away. I bent down (away from the crowd) to pick it up, but I misjudged and began to fall forward. I hit on one shoulder and rolled over onto my back. I lay there thinking, "All these people have seen so far is my (rather commodious) shorts. Maybe I'll just leave right now, so they never see my face to remember me." And then, "Couldn't I fake an injury so I'd get some pity instead of just laughs?" And then, "I wonder if I could work the whole day with a bag over my head?"